Monday, February 13, 2012

Keep on Learning and Growing...

I have said in the past I hate Photoshop...it's a highly respected and globally used software.  I just couldn't quite figure it all out on my own.  The past few months, and especially this weekend, I spent time with my enemy.  I was open to learning about how I could work with it...and bam!  I get it!  It's not really hard, just have to devote some time to it.

I do most of my photo editing in LightRoom, another adobe product, that I mostly was able to teach myself.  I like the fast lane to learning and LightRoom got the job done for me.

With that, I try to be open to all new things and ways of doing things.  But, if it works how you are doing things, that's ok, too.  So, I am happy to have some new skills in my photographer's tool chest and plan to use them all!  :)  What do you want to learn but just haven't gotten to it?  What's holding you back?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Debbie for sharing you timeline with Adobe.
    I started with PS 7 and CS5 and I are friends.
    Now Lightroom is another creature, we have dated.
    But I have not made any commitments.
    Wow, I am in an 'open relationship' with a piece of software.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photoshop is definitely a learning curve, but the rewards are so worth the work in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The possibilities that open up in PS are amazing. Congrats on getting over that initial hurdle!

    ReplyDelete

Followers